a

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

MISSION

I was a miner & a lumberjack in 2014 & my genie was telling me 2015 was going to be a year of New Growth (truth experienced: one must be pruned to bear more fruit) ; well ... an entire forest has grown in my heart since 2015 has begun ,,, the flowers are glowing so bright the sun had to put shades on ... What Trajectory : Life goes in perfectly incomprehensible cycles just as all seasons change when they feel like it's Just That Time For Change  Again ...   eventually I always come around to agreeing that God's ways are best , some times it takes a while ... 

I went to a seminar on the weekend called   The Real Me.   It was about discovering the gifts God has given each of us , about exploring the inner landscape one could say (I did say!)   & coming up with a Mission Statement ... 

what a liberating exercise !           I went in having done much internal seeking  & yet these were some real Experts in leading exercises to dislodge & uncover the bits of gold stuck to the underside of our muddy soul rocks ...   I (yes yes ) came away from the weekend with  "A Mission Statement" .... something that excited me , something Bigger than me , something based on serving others  , something life - affirming , something from the heart  , something simple but Essential for the world to have ,, .,   My mission is to CREATE through PLAY  & cultivate environments of ENCOURAGEMENT in the places I TRAVEL to,,,,,,,,,,,, I ,,, am happy . You know , people

stress Jobs & Visions , "what do you DO"  or "what do you want to do" well I want to do my mission statement , and however it comes along in whatever capacity ,,, SO BE IT ! well well ,  I understand it now ... God created us all with specific MISSIONS & not with specific vocations , so to speak ... I realize that we can take our mission ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE ... it is our mission that is important ... a mission does not change but a vision does ... my mission is being lived out today & for every day henceforth ,,,, and my vision , my work , my interests will most likely change many times in this life time , but in all of this I will go all out for my mission ... PLAY , CREATE , ENCOURAGE , TRAVEL , ... ILLUMINATE . Those were my 5 verbs in thinking about my mission in life ... I may not have a clear vision for my future yet , but I have  a Mission , and through that all will flow ...  I realized I was made to be more of a child than most people ... I will never grow out of my childlikeness ! that would be disloyal to the person God made me.

We got a brain profile done that weekend , this brain specialist came & told us all about our brains (20 of us at the conference) & BOY , am I more in love with myself now ... what a great brain !  ... Super right-brainer , AND PROUD OF IT ! amen & amen , God made a good one out of me ,, HA! 

here is my brain : 




if you're right-brained ,  HIGH FIVE ! if not , your brain is SO COOL & I celebrate that God made your brain exactly how it was supposed to be for your mission ...   I had a little pow wow with all the right-brainers in the crowd , they were by far my favourites out of the folks I met , one woman - the one who lead the seminar actually - was super rad & had almost the exact same brain , & later we did these "Processes" & I was encouraged in having to spitfire my passions & life goals in my small group ... a lot of people are excited to see what will come of my life , they're hopeful , eager , they're anticipating & expecting big things from how God is going to use me ... it was a strange feeling to be cheered on like this ... I've mostly had a very suspect and curious approach on my Unknown Future , but it was cool to feel like  A Man With A Great Future  , &  indeed ,  I do , life is abundant already , God has saturated my airspace , I breathe heaven each day (more & more I am becoming aware of just how Abundant life is with God at the center of it) , God is here & I have never been happier ...


Here I Am now , sitting on an old chair in my bedroom , a complete & comforting bedroom with a view of the tops of trees & a piece of sky to the left (the sun is setting) ... well yes , and yesterday I saw angels coming over the horizon parading in the victory of Christ ... God Is Good ,  ,,  take care of yourself ........ tend to the true cross planted in the center-most soil of your heart ... AMEN 

No comments:

Post a Comment