a

Monday, September 29, 2014

Christo-centric

I am making an effort to bring my prayers into balance. I am finding greater joy in removing myself completely from the subject matter of my prayers to God. It is so easy to get in the way.


“Lord you are peace and mercy and power and wisdom and life and light and majesty and beauty and you are the author and perfecter of my faith. You are mighty to save. Your love never changes. Your goodness never ceases. You gave your son you have made us in the image of Love and when we fell you redeemed us. You have brought us out of the pit. You have given us food and water and shelter and flowers. Yes you are the provider. You are the healer. You are the teacher and the counsellor and the comforter. You make everything beautiful in its time. You make all things new. You are in the rain. You are the water for the thirsty earth. You are at the beginning of the story and you are at the end of the story.  

This perspective should be held for all of life, not just prayer life. I could say, "I do not like that it is raining and I am sad and bothered" or I could say, "You refresh the earth with your water and you are here in my life to make me shine on the darkest days and you woke me up so I could love like you and there is nothing greater than knowing I am your son."

I would like to pave a mindset that always resorts to thoughts like those. 

1 comment:

  1. I try to remember ACTS when I pray (in order)

    Adoration - worship
    Confession - Gods forgiveness
    Thanksgiving - Blessings, gratitude
    Supplication - Requests, for others and our selves

    ReplyDelete